Discounted telephone service for qualifying low-income households
Blue Casa is certified by the Federal Communications Commissions and the California Public Utilities Commission to provide LifeLine Telephone Service to our customers. We have the knowledge and trained friendly staff to help you navigate the application process.
Lifeline is a government assistance program that offers telephone discounts to qualified low-income customers supported by the California Public Utilities Commission and the Federal Communications Commission.
If you qualify for the Lifeline discount service, you are eligible to receive a reduced rate on your BlueCasa Telephone monthly bill. You also received a discount on your installation charge.
We make it easy for you
First, we will walk you through the qualification process and easily help you figure out whether you qualify for the LifeLine discount. If you do, we’ll begin the enrollment process immediately.
Within two to three weeks, you will receive a pink envelope containing an enrollment form. To receive your LifeLine discounts you must complete the form, sign it, and return it along with any required income documentation by the due date. Otherwise you will be disqualified and will not receive any lifeline discounts.
There are TWO ways to qualify for Lifeline:
PROGRAM-BASED Method: You qualify if you or a household member is enrolled in one or more of the eligible public-assistance programs.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
INCOME-BASED Method: You qualify if your total household income is at or less than the California Lifeline income maximums. Prices effective for Effective from 06/01/15 to 05/31/16
- 1-2 Members$25,900
- 3 Members$30,100
- 4 Members$36,500
- Each additional memberAdd $6,400 to $36,500
Household SizeMaximum Yearly Income
In order to qualify for California LifeLine based on household income, you will need to provide documents proving that your total household income is at or below the income maximum for your household size.
Income documents include:
- Front page only of prior year’s state (540, 540A, 540 2EZ, 540NR, or 540X), federal (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ, 1040SS, or 1040X), or tribal tax return,
- Income statements or paycheck stubs for 3 consecutive months within the past 12 months,
- Statement of benefits from Social Security, Veterans Administration, retirement/pension, Unemployment Compensation, and/or Workmen’s Compensation,
- Alimony and/or child support documents, and/or
- Other official documents
Only one Lifeline discount is allowed per household, consisting of either wireline or wireless service. If you are receiving a discount from another telecommunications company, including a wireless provider, you are not eligible for the Lifeline discount with Blue Casa Telephone.
Lifeline service is a non-transferable benefit.
Only eligible consumers may enroll. Consumers who willfully make false statements in order to obtain the benefit may be punished by fine or imprisonment, or may be barred from the program.
For more details, visit www.californialifeline.com.